Uncle Michael Talk-Talk on Youth Ministry and YWAP in BSGC

Thursday, January 19, 2006

2006 directions in the Youth Ministry

I had been doing a lot of reading (books, forums, online searchs, ..) and praying lately. Searching for directions, searching for inspirations for the youth ministry, searching for God's approvals in some of the plans that I have laid out...

"Why am I in this ministry?"
"What should/can I do with the Youth Ministry?";
"What am I doing in this ministry?";
"Am I prepared to face the parents' expectations?"
"....Am I prepared to face the youths' expectations?"

For 2006, in relation to the ministry, I prayed to God

  1. to give me the courage to work hard in the ministry and face hurdles and obstacles headon
  2. to be accepted by the youth as a friend, as a mentor, as a big brother
  3. to be used as an instrument to changing lives
  4. to gain the support of the parents and the church
  5. to gain new friendships and build lasting relationships
  6. to learn from the youths
  7. to learn from the parents of the youths
  8. to learn from God himself
  9. to be humble and meek like Jesus
  10. to be courageous to stand up for what's right and what should be.
So God Help me survive 2006...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list, man! You're right about expectations. Almost everyone has them -- parents, students, church staff, volunteers, yourself -- and usually they're all different. Makes for quite an interesting job. lol

January 20, 2006 1:08 AM

 
Blogger FUNFUNFUN said...

LOL. u r rite. church work has the most customer sets with most diverse needs. Occupancy hazard! HAHA

January 20, 2006 2:22 PM

 
Blogger Kuan Cheen said...

hey ... been 1/2 a year ... PTL that He is keeping you thru 2006. And i can see His hand at work in youth, the parents and you! Will continue to pray for strength, wisdom and perseverance! Let His name be glorify!

July 08, 2006 8:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

View My Stats